New Website Theme!

This post has needed to be writtend for a little while, but I’ve been busy with the actual work of redesigning my website (in fact, I have a number of posts that are backlogged). This post will have a little bit of code (all of it CSS, rather than R), but mostly it’s just about my journey and things I’ve learned. Getting started with Blogdown In Yihui’s introduction to blogdown he advocates for simpler themes.

Sharing some functions from my personal R package

In this post I basically just wanted to share some recent developments that I’ve made to my personal R package {sundry}. All of the recent advancements have been made to work with the tidyverse, so things like group_by should work seamlessly. If you feel like giving the package a whirl, I’d love any feedback you have or bugs you may find. At this point the package is only on github.

A tidyeval use case

A relatively routine process for me is to combine multiple files into a single data frame by row. For example, the data might be stored in separate CSV files by grade and content area, but I want to load them all and treat it as a single data frame with a grade and content indicator. A good default for this sort of process, is to keep all the variables that are present in any data file, and pad with missingness for the files that don’t have that specific variable.